Hearing the name Summerland makes people smile, glow & travel back in time to the Hotel that created endless warmhearted memories. Summerland was a renowned international hotel that offered luxury, recreation and relaxation in idyllic surroundings. It was perceived and experienced as the gatherer of aspirations, providing its customers with satisfaction and serenity. Its spirit of entertainment and refinement made it earn the international Golden Star for the unquestionable quality of its many services.
Summerland hosted various international events such as bridge tournaments, gastronomic food festivals, fashion shows, jewelry, painting exhibitions with International painters & artists, ballet performances and many more. Its private white sandy beach, shopping center, natural “La Cascade” waterfall, banquet halls, theatre as well as its personalized services and set of values made it a wonderful place to be in, securing its reputation and name worldwide. Summerland continuously provided its customers with elegance, convenience and refinement.
Facts About the Previous Iconic Property
The Summerland first opened its doors to the public in May 1978 and consisted of:
- The Hotel with 153 rooms & suites
- Seven F&B outlets offering different cuisines and entertainment programs:
French: Aux Quatre Saisons,
Lebanese: Le Jardin,
Italian: La Taverne,
Coffee shop: Les Flots, Le Bar.
Pub/Discotheque: le Mecano,
Night Club: Layalina,
- Two banquet Halls that hosted the Country’s most prestigious functions and weddings: Le Dome and la Sirene
- 520 cabins
- Health Club & Beauty parlor run by International experts
- The waterfall “Cascade” with its natural water and Bar
- Indoor heated pool and Tennis courts
- The Bridge Club: Hosting Local & International Tournaments
- The Shopping center with its luxurious Boutiques consisting of Artisanat & Oriental gift shops, jewelry, Fur, Ladies and Kids wear, Pharmacy, Flower shop, mobile phone rentals, travel agency and a Deli shop.
- The sandy beach, the one and only private sandy stretch in Beirut.
Celebrity Guests Throughout The Years
Many famous and renowned names stayed in the previous Summerland until its closure in 2002 for renovation purposes.